Rhodes University Annual Fund
EFT, direct deposit or Internet Banking
If you prefer to make an EFT, deposit directly into our account via EFT or Internet Banking, our account details are as follows:
Bank: First National Bank
Branch code: 210717
Account no: 62145508894
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
If you choose this option, please use your Initials and Surname as the beneficiary reference. Please fax a copy of the deposit slip to +27 (0) 46 603 8744 or email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org for Attention: Terryl McCarthy.
For online banking, please access this link and under the " Your Suggestions or Comments" field, please put added details of where you would like the funds to go to.
Continue the legacy
We all want to believe that in some way, we can help make this world a better place ... that what we do today will have a lasting, positive influence on generations to come.
For those of us privileged to be part of the Rhodes community, contributing to the Annual Fund is an effective and meaningful way of making a difference.
For example, you can choose to:
- Rhodes Sports Foundation – Established through a generous donation from an alumnus, the Foundation funds sporting facilities and bursaries for talented young sportsmen and women.
- Research – Rhodes is a research-intensive University and proudly boasts the highest per capita research output of any South African University. It is a key strategic objective of the University to maintain and grow its research output. However, research by its very nature is time consuming and often quite costly
- Bursaries/student support forms a vital part, as large numbers of talented and deserving students will not have the opportunity to study at university if they do not get financial aid. This year bursary support will be our main focus as we have a R4 million shortfall in financial aid requirements despite the University allocating over R25 million from our own funds to financial aid.
- Faculty/departments - Many Old Rhodians would like to support areas of the University which have left a lasting impression on them. For example a particular department or a residence in which the stayed during their time at Rhodes.
- General Funds that can be channelled to areas of greatest need;
Whichever area of need you choose to support, your contribution is important and sincerely appreciated. Just as those who went before us played their part in establishing the University, we rely on alumni, staff and friends like you to play your part in helping to shape its future.
For more information on any of these projects, or making a donation to Rhodes University, please contact Terryl McCarthy on +27 (0) 46 603 8887 or email: email@example.com.
Last Modified: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 09:23:43 SAST