Rhodes > Anthropology > Research > Academic Staff > Dr Patricia (Patti) C. Henderson
Dr Patricia C. Henderson
Medical anthropology; anthropology of creativity and performance; gender and sexuality; childhood and youth studies; anthropology of the senses.
- An exploration of figures of the child and how they are deployed in global discourse.
- The manner in which children and youth shape social, economic and political worlds in ways that are often unacknowledged.
- Finding inventive methods of attending to and documenting the everyday lives of children and youth.
- Exploring children and youths’ creative genres, and in particular children’s song.
- Writing about creativity and self-stylization in relation to contemporary South African artists through exploring the work of Gregory Maqoma, Zanele Muholi, Mary Sibanda and Nicholas Hlobo and relating it to theories of potentiality, hope, desire and futurity.
- Tracing the lives of people living with and alongside HIV/AIDs in Okhahlamba, KwaZulu-Natal.
- Writing about young people’s relationship with the environment in which they lived in Okhahlamba during a time of AIDS.
Last Modified: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:44:07 SAST