Digital Storytelling and Technical SupportDate Released: Tue, 9 July 2019 10:30 +0200
Digital Storytelling and Technical Internship
September- December 2019
3 Months Contract
1 position available
As part of the Common Good First Digital Storytelling initiative applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following post from 1 September 2019 to 31st December 2019. (Full time (8h00-16h30)).
A minimum of a Matric certificate. Please note that candidates with previous experience of video and workshopping will be at an advantage.
- Must be from the Eastern Cape and be prepared to reside in Grahamstown for the duration of your Internship (by from the Eastern Cape we mean, those who were born in the Eastern Cape and wish to return, those who have family members in the Eastern Cape and/or those who currently reside in the Eastern Cape).
- Must be Black (as defined by the Employment Equity Act).
- Advanced Computer Literacy (particularly video trouble shooting) – please note that this will be assessed as part of the recruitment process should you be short listed.
- Candidates should be entrepreneurially-minded, proactive and show initiative.
- Should be passionate about teaching/training and open to innovative ways of workshopping.
- Successful candidates will be required to look after technology. For this reason, they should demonstrate that they are meticulous, responsible and reliable.
- Action Orientation: Basic organizational skills including the ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines, an ability to cope with multiple demands and cope with work pressure, initiative and proactive orientation
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals
- Sound cognitive capacity including the ability to problem solve
- Openness to learning and change, personal flexibility
- Professionalism: Customer service ethic, attention to detail and accuracy, pride in work
- Diary management and co-ordination.
- Having a valid driver’s license and being able to drive is a distinct advantage.
*We are looking for candidates in the emerging stages of their career as opposed to candidates looking for a second career.
Please submit the complete application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR return it 5 Prince Alfred Street, Rhodes University Community Engagement Division.
Closing date: 15 August 2019
If you are not contacted by 16 August please consider your application unsuccessful.
R4000-R6000 per month
Source:Community Engagement Directorate