Policies and Documents
Important note: The documents on this page relate directly to our division.
There are several policies which students need to know about, because they relate to students’ responsibilities, rights and privileges, and affect your day-to-day lives.
The most important of these are:
- The Leave of Absence Policy: this policy sets out the conditions under which a student may apply for permission to miss classes, tests etc. You need to submit an application and present evidence or reasons for your absence, but the Head of your academic Department has the final power to decide.
- The Policy for the Responsible Use of Alcohol: provides a summary of all rules and regulations regarding the consumption of alcohol on campus - important information for Society and Sports Club Chairs!
- Plagiarism Policy: provides a clear overview of what plagiarism is, and what happens to students who uses the words or thoughts of another writer and pretend they are their own.
- Policy on the Elimination of Unfair Discrimination and Harassment: summarises your rights and what to do if you feel you are being discriminated against in any way.
- Sexual Offences Policy: describes the University’s stance on crimes of sexual violence, and provides guidance on what steps to take if a sexual offence is committed or reported.
- Student Disciplinary Code: lists all the rules that govern student conduct.
To find the most up-to-date versions of ALL university policies please visit the Rhodes Policies page.