All areas of campus should have qualified first aiders. Their responsibilities are as follows:
- In collaboration with the University Safety, Health and Environmental Officer and their respective managers / heads of department, undergo training at an accredited training provider (usually St John Ambulance Centre).
- Be familiar with the location of a first aid kit in their building or area, in collaboration with their respective managers / heads of department.
- Ensure that their on-campus contact details are current and correct (see www.ru.ac.za
- Respond to first aid emergencies as and where possible, following correct first aid procedures.
- Remain with the casualty until qualified medical personnel arrive on the scene.
Last Modified :Wed, 06 Aug 2014 12:12:42 SAST