Emergency response procedures in case of fire or explosion are divided into several categories. The risk posed by fire on campus is considered to be very high, and regular fire drills are thus considered to be an essential part of emergency preparedness. The Makana Municipality Fire and Rescue Services runs elementary fire fighting courses and works closely with the University to ensure that fire safety is given high priority. In the event of a fire, the first point of contact is the CPU.
CALL CPU IMMEDIATELY!
On campus: dial 8999
Off campus: dial 046-603.8999
Emergency Response Group Procedures
- Campus Protection Unit
- Infrastructure & Operations Department
- Electrical Section
- Engineering Section
- Building Maintenance Section
- Grounds and Gardens
- Safety, Health and Environmental Officer
- Building Emergency Coordinator
- Elementary Fire Fighters
- University Personnel
Management Team Procedures
In the event of a fire emergency, the Chair of the Management Team has the following responsibilities:
- If necessary, declare an emergency and notify all members of the Management Team.
- Liaise with the Emergency Manager to monitor the situation, and provide assistance as necessary.
- Keep the Vice-Chancellor or designee informed.
Last Modified: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:21:30 SAST