Infrastructure & Operations Department
The Emergency Manager has the following responsibilities in the event of a power outage:
- Ensure arrangements have been made for emergency generator facilities for critical functions on campus.
- Contact the manager of the electrical section to take the necessary action, where the power outage involves only one building or a small portion of the campus, and also the relevant public service (utility) provider, where the power outage involves the entire campus.
- Alert the CPU to possible security breaching during the outage.
- Send TopList message indicating a power outage and what areas of campus are affected, where the Internet is still functioning.
- Dispatch members of the Emergency Response Group to assist the Electrical section and CPU in managing the impacts of the failure.
Last Modified: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:25:39 SAST