Campus Protection Unit
Upon receiving notification of the death of a University student or employee, the responsibilities for CPU are as follows:
1. CPU shift supervisor should immediately notify the CPU duty officer who should obtain relevant information such as:
- When and where did the incident occur?
- What specifically happened? What was the cause?
- Who was involved? What is their student / employee status?
- Are the local media involved and/or on scene?
- Has the next of kin or designated contact persons of the involved student / employee been contacted? If so, who has been contacted?
- Confirm if involved parties are actually University students or employees.
2. Coordinate the information disseminated to local law enforcement at the scene (if applicable).
3. The Manager of CPU should contact the Emergency Manager and Chair of the Management Team to activate the Emergency Management and Response Network
4. Maintain contact with the Dean of Students (w.r.t. students) or the manager / head of department (w.r.t. employees), and onsite CPU Officers.
Last Modified: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:04:31 SAST