Director or Dean of Faculty
Upon receiving notification of the death of a University employee, the responsibilities of the relevant Director or Dean of Faculty are as follows:
- As soon as possible, initiate a debriefing session and determine who should contact the next of kin or designated contact persons on behalf of the University.
- Contact Staff Wellness Support Centre immediately and alert them to the emergency, so that they can support colleagues affected by the death.
- Inform relevant members of Senior Management: University Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Executive Director of Infrastructure Operations and Finance, Director of Communications and Marketing, Sports Director (if the employee was participating in an athletic programme), Student Bureau (if the employee was registered as a student).
- Assess the situation to decide which University official, if any, should go to the site or to the hospital.
- After next of kin or designated contact persons have been informed: contact the employee’s manager / head of department to call a meeting and share the news as soon as possible with colleagues.
- Consult next of kin or designated contact persons as to funeral requirements; liaise with Registrar’s Division regarding memorial service in the Chapel.
- Maintain direct contact with CPU.
Last Modified :Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:03:53 SAST