University Technical Officers
In the event of a hazardous material incident, personnel in the affected building or area have the following responsibilities:
- If an automated process is involved, shut the process down; disconnect all electrical supplies, turn off all water supplies, etc.
- Qualified departmental technician to contain the spill by using the contents of a spill kit.
- Inform all personnel within the area of the hazardous material spill.
- Immediately report the hazardous material spill to CPU.
- Be prepared to provide Emergency Response Personnel with MSDSs and all applicable information related to the hazardous material spill.
- Assess the situation to determine if occupant evacuation is necessary.
Last Modified: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 13:48:40 SAST