Human Resources Division
Upon receiving notification of a violent crime involving a University employee, the responsibilities of the Human Resources Division are as follows:
- Contact the Emergency Manager and activate the Emergency Management and Response Network )
- Inform Communications and Marketing Division of the incident.
- Issue a statement on TopList and Student zone, while observing strict confidentiality, and obtain permission from the survivor about the wording before making any such statement.
- Contact the manager / head of department.
- As soon as possible, initiate a debriefing session and determine who should contact the family on behalf of the University.
- Contact the Counselling Centre to arrange counselling sessions, as required.
- Expedite University staff disciplinary proceedings
- Maintain direct contact with CPU.
Last Modified: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:16:28 SAST