Rhodes > Emergency Management > Emergency Management > Management Team > Manager of Campus Protection Unit
Manager of Campus Protection Unit
As the person responsible for the University’s safety and security, the Manager of the Campus Protection Unit has the following responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the Management Team.
- Initiates contact with the Chair of the Management Team, or designee, and begins assessment of the emergency condition.
- Establishes a central Emergency Control Centre at the CPU if necessary, and checks all lines of communications. Assumes the role of Emergency Manager if designated.
- Maintains the University CPU in a state of constant readiness.
- Serves as a member of the Damage Assessment Team.
- Notifies and conducts liaison activities with the SA Police Services, Makana Municipality Fire Department, and other appropriate governmental agencies.
- Maintains communications with representatives of these agencies throughout the duration of the emergency.
Last Modified: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:39:40 SAST