Manager of Campus Protection Unit
As the person responsible for the University’s safety and security, the Manager of the Campus Protection Unit has the following responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the Management Team.
- Initiates contact with the Chair of the Management Team, or designee, and begins assessment of the emergency condition.
- Establishes a central Emergency Control Centre at the CPU if necessary, and checks all lines of communications. Assumes the role of Emergency Manager if designated.
- Maintains the University CPU in a state of constant readiness.
- Serves as a member of the Damage Assessment Team.
- Notifies and conducts liaison activities with the SA Police Services, Makana Municipality Fire Department, and other appropriate governmental agencies.
- Maintains communications with representatives of these agencies throughout the duration of the emergency.
Last Modified: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:39:40 SAST