Umthathi Training Project
Directions to Umthathi
Umthathi Training Project is a Non Profit Organisation that supports vulnerable groups such as women, children, the unemployed, HIV/AIDS sufferers and some of the most impoverished rural communities in Eastern Cape. Their mission is to improve household health through increasing food and livelihood security, making effective, sustainable use of available resources and developing the skills necessary for improved self sufficiency in rural and peri-urban areas of the Eastern Cape. Their programmes reach areas roughly 200km from their home base in Grahamstown. Umthathi collaborates with a number of local community groups such as the Albany Horticultural Society and Galela Amanzi.
Training and development
- Develop skills to establish a vegetable garden in the township: Friday 4 March 2011. Download Umthathi Course Flyer 11-03-04. Contact Xoliswa on 046-637.0012.
- Gardens of Grahamstown competition: encourage locals to enter in the township garden category. Download Umthathi Flyer 11-03-04
- Visit Umthathi Training Project Nursery, 4122/23 Xhora Street (Sophiatown), Extension 7, Rhini / Grahamstown, 6139, South Africa
- View their website http://www.umthathi.co.za
- Make contact: info(at)umthathi.co.za, T +27-46-637.0012
Go to the Rhodes University ENVIRONMENT front page. Suggestions/Questions? Contact environment(at)ru.ac.za