The First Physical Theatre Company's vision is to be a unique and enduring theatre company of excellence. Our mission is to:
• Provide a platform for collaboration between young, aspiring and experienced artists;
• Develop original and novel approaches to the creating and performing of theatre;
• Contribute towards dance development and arts education in South Africa.
• Artistic challenge for all company
members and respect for all artists;
• Collaboration, education, training and research;
• Improvement and refinement of policies, systems and procedures;
• Responsible utilisation of financial resources towards improved standards;
• Open consultation with specialist advisors.
Our objectives are to:
• Maintain a leading role in the development and presentation of innovative South African theatre works;
• Invest in the development of future theatre audiences focussing on youth, women and the previously disadvantaged;
• Take a lead in the development and distribution and technology in South African theatre performance and education;
• Develop a pro-active approach to self-sustainability by broadening the revenue base of the company;
• Maintain and grow an effective support service for the development and delivery of products, services and programmes.
For more information, CONTACT US.