Dr Oladapo Olagbegi
HKE Post-Doctoral Fellow
Dr. Olagbegi obtained Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) (Honours) degree at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria in 2000 and MSc (Orthopaedics, Sports and Recreational Physiotherapy) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria in 2004. He had a brief teaching and research working experience at the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria between 2005 and 2006 before venturing into clinical practice at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, Nigeria where he served meritoriously till December 2016. He went back to the University of Ibadan for his doctoral studies and completed his PhD (Orthopaedic, Sports and Recreational Physiotherapy) degree in February, 2016. He has just been appointed to the post of Lecturer I at the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo, Nigeria before he got postdoctoral fellowship offer at Rhodes University
His research interests are related to establishing evidenced based, efficacious and cost-effective exercise intervention for patients with musculoskeletal and metabolic disorders (with bias for spine, knee and obesity); and documenting normative databases among healthy individuals which can serve as reference point in the management of patients with such disorders.
PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS
- Jegede J.A; Adegoke B.O.A; Olagbegi O.M. (2017):Effects of a Twelve-Week Weight Reduction Exercise Programme on Selected Spatiotemporal Gait Parameters of Obese Individuals. Journal of Obesity Volume 2017: 1-7 .
- Olagbegi O.M; Adegoke B.OA; Odole A.C (2016): Effectiveness of combined chain exercises on pain and function in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science 15 (2): 178-188.
- Olagbegi O.M; Adegoke B.OA; Odole A.C; Bolarinde S.O and Uduonu E.M. (2016)Pain, Walking Time, Physical Function and Health-related Quality of Life in Nigerians with Knee Osteoarthritis. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy 10 (1): 139-144
- Bolarinde S.O; Olagbegi O.M; Daniel E.OandAkinrinbola B.K. (2015):Knowledge, attitude and practice of physical activity among health professionals in a Nigerian tertiary health institution. South American Journal of Public Health Volume 3 Issue 2
- Rufus A. Adedoyin R.A.; Ayeni G.O; Olagbegi O.M; Ayeni O.A. (2015): Relationship between anthropometric variables and elbow flexor muscle strength at varying hip joint angle in apparently healthy young adults. Journal of the Romanian Sports Medicine Society (Medicina Sportiva) vol. XI, no 2, 2569-2574
- Adedoyin R.A; Ayeni G.O; Olagbegi O.M; Olaniyi O. (2015) : Effect of test (body) positions on elbow flexor muscle strength among healthy subjects Asian Journal of Biological and Medical Sciences 1(1) : 1-9
- Olagbegi O.M; Ayeni O.G; Jegede J.A; Kayode-Imoru O.O; Areoye J.O. (2014): Age grade distribution of high quadriceps angle in a selected Nigerian population. Journal of Romanian Sports Medicine Society (Medicina Sportiva) vol. X, no 4, 2457-2461
- Olagbegi O.M; Akinloye A.A; Olufiade O.O; Jegede J.A and Ojeyinka M.O. (2012). Quadriceps angle and its relation with hip rotation measured in two starting positions. Romanian Journal of Sports Medicine Society (Medicina Sportiva) vol VIII, no 4 :1997-2002
- Adegoke B.O.A and Olagbegi O.M. (2012). Comparative effects of forward and backward stair climbing on cardio-respiratory parameters of healthy young adults. African Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences vol 4 No 1&2: 34-39
- Mbada C.E; Ojedoyin O.O; Ayanniyi O; Adeyemi A.B; Olagbegi O.M; Adekanla B.A. and Eesuola O.O. (2007). Comparative assessment of back extensor muscle’s endurance between nulliparous and parous women- Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Vol 20 No 4. 143- 149Olagbegi O.M. and Mbada C.E. (2005). Relationship between quadriceps angle, hip width and thigh length. Journal of Physical Education and Research Vol X No III. 1449 – 1456.
Last Modified :Thu, 18 May 2017 10:22:25 SAST