Welcome to all new staff at the University! We are delighted that you have decided to join the Rhodes University family.
We hope that your time at the institution will be characterised by:
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Support and recognition from your peers and Head of Department or Division for your endeavours
- Support from the University as regards necessary resources to do your work
- Opportunities to develop yourself and build a career at Rhodes
- Your making a convincing contribution to your department or division as well as the institution as a whole
Moving to a new institution always requires some orientation. For those moving to an academic institution for the first time, learning a new job will be combined with learning about the culture and activities of higher education institutions.
Rhodes University provides induction and orientation initiatives to help these individuals make this transition as smoothly as possible. New staff are encouraged to participate in these activities and avail themselves of the information on this site as well as in the:
You are also encouraged to refer to the:
- Jobs Website which has some helpful information aimed primarily at prospective employees. However, particularly if you are new to Rhodes and Grahamstown you might find this helpful.
Last Modified :Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:33:52 SAST