Friends of the DIFS
The Department of Ichthyology and Fisheries Science works in conjunction with several institutions and organizations in South Africa and worldwide. The following are links to some of them.
- Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEAT)
- Marine and Coastal Management - Cape Town
- South African National Parks
- National Research Foundation (NRF)
- Water Research Commission (WRC)
- Albany Museum - Grahamstown
- Artemia Reference Centre and Aquaculture Laboratory, University of Ghent
- Department of Zoology, University of Cape Town
- Department of Zoology, University of Port Elizabeth
- Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Rhodes University (RU)
- South African Institute of Aquatic Biodiversity
- Oceanographic Research Institute - Durban
- South African Network for Coastal and Oceanic Research (SANCOR)
- Florida Museum of Natural History Ichthyology
- Smithsonian Institute Division of Fishes
- South African Environmental Observation Network – Elwandle Node
Research and Conservation Programmes/Organisations
- Benguela Environment Fisheries Interaction and Training Programme (BENEFIT)
- Belgische Stichting Roeping
- East Cape Parks Board
- Deutscher Akademicher Austausch Dienst (DAAD)
- World Wildlife Fund – South Africa
- Eastern Cape Development Corporation
- Freestate Nature Conservation
- ORCA (Ocean Research Conservation Africa) Foundation
- Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association
- Univ. Washington Fish Collection
- The South African Fishing Page
- Yahoo! Recreation Outdoors Fishing
- Aquafarm Development (Pty) Ltd.
- Espadon Marine (Pty) Ltd.
- HIK Abalone Farm (Pty) Ltd.
- Irvin & Johnson (Pty) Ltd.
- Roman Bay Sea Farm (Pty) Ltd.
- Marifeed (Pty) Ltd.
- Marine Growers (Pty) Ltd.
- SASMIA - South African Squid Management Industrial Association
- Fresh Tuna Exporters Association
- EnviroFish Africa