Global PACT Workshop 2007 - Applications Open
April 22, 2007
By Lesley McQuaid
The Center for Global Security and Democracy, Rutgers University (USA), in cooperation with the International Office, Rhodes University, offers a workshop from 26 June to 17 July for students who want to develop or improve their community engagement skills. The CGSD has offered these Global Pact workshops in Eastern Europe and Central America. About 30 students from all over the world will participate.
The International Office can offer scholarships to 5 Rhodes students to cover accommodation and subsistence. Tuition is free.
The workshop will be intensive.
If you are keen, please submit the following to Lesley McQuaid, International Office, Eden Grove:
* Personal and contact details
* Your cv (including your interest in and experience of community service)
* A brief (half page) statement of why you would like to participate in the workshop
* A short confidential report (sealed) by a warden or lecturer
* If you need financial assistance, provide a breakdown of your needs.