SPATSIM Software Package
SPATSIM V3 is now available (as of 30 Oct 2017).
Download these files...
- SPATSIM_V3R5.exe the software installer (11 Dec 2017)
- NationalV2_01.exe - the example database installer that includes all the data for using the Revised Desktop Reserve Model (RDRM) for South Africa.
- Save the above files (if you already have SPATSIM_V3 installed you only need the SPATSIM_V3Rx.exe file)
- Find the file you saved on your computer (wherever your browser puts downloads)
- Double click the file to install (install Spatsim_V3 before the data package)
- Sometimes Windows overrides the default install destination of C:\SPATSIM_V3 and installs to a different drive.
- If it installs to a different drive (say X), then you can either:
drag and drop X:\SPATSIM_V3 to C:\SPATSIM_V3
open the *.ini files in X:\SPATSIM_V3 and replace C: with X:
open the X:\SPATSIM_V3\tsoft.ini file and replace C: with X:
thus allowing SPATSIM to run from the X drive.
New projects will not require modification.
- Moving between C: and another drive
- The installer defaults to installing on C: drive.
If you need to run SPATSIM from another drive you can use the mover tool.
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to C:\SPATSIM_V3\bin
- double click the 'spmove.exe' program
- Select the destination drive
- Click the Move button
Note that after this process your desktop icon will not work until you tell it where to find SPATSIM.EXE on the new drive.
- Regional Settings
- Make sure your regional settings specifies a point (.) for the decimal separator. This software will not work with a comma as the decimal separator.
You might also need to change the display format to 1234567 instead of 1,234,567 .
- Converting projects from V2 to V3
- All users should download the new version (SPATSIM_V3) and then convert and move their old version projects.
A facility to perform this conversion is available in the SPATSIM_V3\bin folder called `convert_to sql.exe'.
- Double click on this executable file.
- Follow the instructions by selecting an application *.ini file from the main folder of the old SPATSIM.
- convert the database and then move it to the new SPATSIM_V3 folder (all projects are now stored in a C:\SPATSIM_V3\Applications folder.
Last Modified :Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:53:54 SAST