Scott Ramsay is an independent photographer, writer and documentary producer, who used to work for Getaway Magazine. He is putting together a multimedia journey entitled ‘Year in the Wild’ about 20 of South Africa's most special national parks and game reserves.
The South African National Parks, CapeNature and Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife have all endorsed this concept and are providing access to their facilities.
The goal is to tell the story of conservation in South Africa through the eyes of the people working and living in these parks, against the backdrop of an adventurous journey through beautiful landscapes.
Scott is looking for three interns - two film cameramen and a film editor - to join him on the journey and produce high quality film documentaries about the places and people he will be filming.
- Pay is minimal because there is no cash funding, although all products are sponsored so there will be minimum costs for joining the trip
- The film cameramen must be proficient and talented with shooting with a DSLR Canon as well as Sony EX cameras
- The film editor needs to be proficient and talented in Final Cut Pro
- The journey lasts a year and the editing will probably take a few months beyond that
- Candidates must be comfortable spending lots of time in wilderness areas and have plenty of enthusiasm and talent for film making
- A happy attitude is necessary
Interested candidates should contact Scott on 072 146 9605 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state that you are an alumnus of the Rhodes University - School of Journalism and Media Studies.