Degrees and Diplomas
The degrees and courses offered aim to produce thoughtful and imaginative media practitioners and the approach of the school is to integrate intellectual study with the production of media. Students also have the opportunity to work on a range of media projects.
Students have the option of applying for either:
Bachelor of arts (BA) degree majoring in JMS (a three-year qualification); or
Bachelor of journalism and media studies degree (BJourn) (four years).
At postgraduate level
There are post graduate degrees and diplomas offered to students who have completed a first degree. These include:
Vist the Rhodes Postgraduate Gateway for applications forms and more information.
What do I need to apply?
You need a:
- Certified copy of both your degree certificate and full transcript from your previous or current university in your submission
- Letter of motivation (600-800 words)
- Up to date resume (or CV) with at least two referees and their current addresses;
- Sample of writing (academic/essay type); and
- Completed application form
How much is it?
- For information on application fee, and tuition fees: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you provide scholarships?
What kind of accommodation is available?
- For information on accommodation email email@example.com
What is the deadline for application?
- The deadline for applications for the post-graduate diploma is 26 September 2015, PDMM is 30 October 2015, and the PG Dip EJ course is 30 September 2015.
- The deadline for honours is 30 October 2015
- There are no deadlines for masters and PhD but we would prefer if we could get masters applications by 30 October and PhD 19 September 2015.
What qualifications do I need?
- For the post-graduate diploma programmes and the honours programmes you need to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree. For the masters programme, an honours degree or equivalent, and for the PhD programme, an MA degree is required. For more information consult the JMS Student Handbook 2015