Calls for Nominations for the Vice Chancellor’s Community engagement Award for 2016Date Released: Wed, 15 March 2017 08:58 +0200
Closing date 1 April 2017
The Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Community Engagement Award is a prestigious and competitive annual award that recognises meaningful and committed partnerships between the members of the university and the community.
Rhodes University has become a leading engaged university with internationally renowned engaged research programs and meaningful learning partnerships in teaching, learning and research. The human and material resources of the University combined with assets found in local communities contribute to sustainable human and community development.
Eligibility and nominations
All academic and support staff members who have initiated or facilitated a community engagement initiative, project, and activity may be nominated for this award. Staff members may nominate an individual candidate or a group. Staff members may also apply in their own capacity for consideration for the award.
Nominations and applications must be accompanied by:
- Details of the history, methodology, outcomes of the initiative and the nature of the relationship with community partners.
- a letter of reference from community partner(s)
- names of two community referees and the names of two university referees
The Vice Chancellor’s Community Engagement Award Committee will consider the following:
- the developmental and reciprocal nature of the initiative, project or activity
- the way in which the project started, community partner involvement
- the nature of the relationship with the community partner(s)
- the benefits to the university and the community partner(s) involved
- the way the project enhances teaching and learning or research processes
The Committee will invite referees to comment on whether the initiative, project or activity is exceptional and worthy; whether the initiative, project or activity is recognised as being one of the most outstanding at the university.
Nominations and applications must reach the office of the Director, Community Engagement, Ms Di Hornby by 1 April 2017 (email@example.com)