The Information Commons is located on Level 2 of the Library building.
A spacious, mixed-use area containing 56 workstations with access to the Internet, productivity software and course-specific software as well as group study areas and rooms and a state-of-the-art training room, this facility provides undergraduates with a "one-stop-shop" for access to printed and electronic learning and research resources, plus office software to process their work.
The Information Commons is staffed during opening hours by library staff and a team of student navigator assistants to provide information, reference and software assistance.
Xstrata Training Room
• 56 high-end computers, arranged in clusters
• 6 Group Study Rooms
• Presentation Room, equipped with a data projector and
screen so that students can practice their presentations
• Training Room
• Printing & scanning facilities
tel: 046 6037305
• With acknowledgements to the facility in the UCT Library
• Photographs by Stephen Penney