Rhodes > Oppidan > Oppi Guides > Electricity Saving Tips
Electricity Saving Tips
Just a few simple measures will really cut down on your electricity bill. Here are some tips from the Oppidan Committee:
- Switch off all lights and appliances when leaving a room
- When in a room use only those lights and appliances you need
- Use an electric blanket instead of a heater (or, better yet, a hot water bottle)
- Use energy saving bulbs
- Turn the temperature on your geyser down to 60 degrees. Your water will still be warm.
- Use hairdryers and curling irons/straighteners as quickly and infrequently as possible.
- Be aware that appliances with elements, e.g. kettles, toasters, stoves, hairdryers etc. use the most electricity and be wise with how you use them.
- When going away for an extended period unplug all non-essential items and turn off stoves and geysers.
- When re-heating food use a microwave instead of the stove.
Last Modified: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:56:27 SAST