Caring for the wellbeing of students
The Student Counselling Centre (on the top floor of the Bantu Stephen Biko Building) provides a professional, free service to all Rhodes Students experiencing psychological problems. The Counselling Centre operates from a holistic wellness model and supports students in terms of their physical, academic, social,
emotional and spiritual functioning.
The counsellors will take your concerns seriously and will maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
The following services are offered:
- Confidential individual counselling.
- Relationship counselling.
- Group therapy for students with similar interests and goals.
- An after-hours line for psychological emergencies: 082 803 0177 (during office hours students experiencing a psychological emergency will be assisted immediately by the psychologist on call).
- Study Skills Workshops on issues pertinent to students such as time management, stress management and exam preparation.
- Self-help material and information pamphlets covering various topics.
- Provision of referral information (if we are unable to help you, we can tell you about other services that may be able to help).
Please make an appointment at the Counselling Centre (046) 603 7070 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open Monday to Friday 8h00-17h00 (and during lunch time).
Last Modified: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:33:26 SAST