Rhodes University Logo
Rhodes > Research > Funding > Internal Funding

Internal Funding



The University Council annually makes funds available for the purchase of both teaching and research equipment. Applications for these funds are made on a Departmental basis through Heads of Department.


The University allocates a sum of money, which is controlled by the DVC: Research & Development according to policies formulated by the Research Committee (RC), from which academic staff can apply for individual running grants, page publications, contingency, travel grants, staff development and postgraduate support grants.  In addition, each faculty has a research discretionary grant for supporting new and unusual research initiatiaves, for which application should be made to the relevant Dean.

Last Modified: Fri, 26 May 2017 14:45:34 SAST