Managing Staff Development
In terms of the Staff Development Policy of the University, Heads of Departments and Managers, together with the HR Division, CHERTL and the Research Office, share responsibility for ensuring the development of staff. HoDs/managers need to be accountable for:
- Encouraging and assisting staff to take advantage of the opportunities provided;
- Guiding staff in their career development;
- Facilitating staff access to development opportunities in line with their career development and institutional needs
- Implementing development strategies to address problematic performance (where appropriate) and
- Ensuring the transfer of learning after the staff member has engaged in professional development activities.