Information Technology — Configuring Software @ Rhodes
Configure Avast 5
- To start we need to open avast, this can be done through the avast icon in the system tray.
- Once we have opened avast the following window should appear.
- To configure the proxy correctly we need to open the settings window with the settings button in the top right of the main avast program window.
- Once on the settings page, select 'Updates' in the left column then scroll down and click the 'Proxy settings' bar.
- Click 'Specify Proxy Server' and fill in the corresponding details, a sample filled out form looks as follows.
- Proxy Details : wwwproxy.ru.ac.za (note there is no '.' after www) the port is 3128
- Once done correctly avast should auto update