Professor Sarah Radloff
Professor Sarah Radloff
Email address: S.Radloff@ru.ac.za
* Studied at Rhodes University (B.Sc (Hons) , M.Sc , Ph.D). Appointed as Junior Lecturer in the Department of Statistics in 1972, promoted to Lecturer in 1974, Senior Lecturer in 1990, Associate Professor and Professor in 2002.
* Research interests in multivariate data analysis and regression theory.
* Responsible for the statistical consultation given for research and professional work across the spectrum of applied disciplines.
* In charge of the third year practicals in the Department.
*Teaches first, second and third year level courses in Mathematical Statistics and postgraduate courses in Econometrics, Linear Models and Research Methodology.
173 research publications in refereed journals. Publications in 2014 and 2016 are listed below:
- Shuttleworth-Edwards AB, Radloff SE, Whitefield-Alexander VJ, Smith IP, Horsman M (2014) Practice effects reveal visuomotor vulnerability in school and university rugby players. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology 29(1): 86-99. DOI: 10.1093/arclin/act061.
- Adgaba Nuru, Shenkute AG, Al-Ghamdi AA, Assefa A, Taylor B, Radloff S (2014) Crematogaster chiarinii ants as a potential biological control agent for protecting honeybee colonies from attack by Dorylus quadratus driver ants in Ethiopia (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Journal of Agricultural and Forest Entomology 16: 302-313. DOI: 10.1111/afe.12060.
- Shuttleworth-Edwards AB, Radloff SE, Whitefield-Alexander VJ (2014) Vulnerability in Speed of Visuomotor Ability. In: A. Niranjan & LD Lunsford (Eds.) Concussion, Progress in Neurological Surgery. Basel, Karger, 28: 213-25. DOI: 10.1159/000358785.
- Rau A, Radloff SE, Coetzee JK, Nardi C, Smit R, Matebesi SZ (2014) Students perceiving risk: a quantitative assessment on three South African university campuses. African Sociological Review 18(1) 65-90.
- Shuttleworth-Edwards AB, de Kock H, Radloff SE (2014) Normative indications for Xhosa speaking unskilled workers on the Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure Test. Journal of Psychology in Africa 24(6): 492-498. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14330237.2014.997032.
- Botha F, Snowball J, de Klerk V, Radloff SE (2015) Determinants of student satisfaction with campus residence life at a South African university. XI International Society for Quality-of –Life Studies (ISQOLS) Conference. Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Venice, Italy.
- Steele MZ, Shackleton CM, Uma Shaanker R, Ganeshaiah, Radloff SE (2015) The influence of livelihood dependency, local ecological knowledge and market proximity on the ecological costs from harvesting non-timber forest products. Forest Policy and Economics 50: 285-291.
- Muriithi SM, Louw L, Radloff S (2015) The Relationship Between Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Effectiveness among Kenyan Indigenous Banks. The 27th SAIMS Annual Conference: Management in Southern Africa: Change, Challenge and Opportunity. University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Rod-im P., Duangphakdee O., Radloff SE, Pirk C., Hepburn C, Hepburn R. (2016) Azimuth-dependent waggle dances; flight and foraging activities of the red dwarf honeybee, Apis florea Fabricius (1787). Journal of Apicultural Research 54(3): 246-254. DOI: 1080/00218839.2016.1151631.
- Adgaba Nuru, Al-Ghamdi AA, Shenkute AG, Medani M, Javid A, Radloff SE (2016) Pollination ecology, nectar secretion dynamics and honey production potentials of Acacia ehrenbergiana (Hayne) and Acacia tortilis (Forssk.) Hayne, Leguminosae (Mimosoidae), in an arid region of Saudi Arabia. Journal of Tropical Ecology 57(3) 429-444.
- Pienaar I, Shuttleworth-Edwards, AB, Klopper CC, Radloff S (2016) WAIS-IV Preliminary Normative Guidelines for Educationally Disadvantaged Xhosa Speaking Individuals. South African Journal of Psychology 2016: 1-12. DOI: 10.1127/0081246316654805.
Last Modified: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:21:44 SAST