Connecting to the secure wireless network from an Android device
Automatic configuration with eduroam CAT:
If your device has access to the Internet with mobile data, download the eduroam CAT installer for the version of Android which your device uses.
If you don't already have access to the Internet, configure the settings manually as follows.
- Find the Settings menu
- Ensure Wi-Fi is turned on, and select it to edit Wi-Fi settings
- Click on Add network
- Enter the settings in the appropriate places:
- Network SSID: eduroam
- Security: 802.1x EAP
- EAP method: TTLS
- Phase 2 authentication: PAP
- CA certificate: (unspecified)
- User certificate: (unspecified)
- Identity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anonymous identity: email@example.com
- Password: your Rhodes password
- Click on the Save button
Your Android device should now automatically connect to the wireless network whenever it is in range.
Note that if you're a staff member, you should use your staff username in the Identity section above (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Leave the anonymous identity as above - it is very important.
Last Modified :Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:26:17 SAST