Configure Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click on 'Tools' and then 'E-mail Accounts...'
- From the 'E-mail Accounts' window, under the 'E-mail' section, click the radio button next to 'Add a new e-mail account' and then click 'Next >'
- Under the 'Server Type' section, select the radio button next to 'IMAP' and click 'Next >'
- Under the 'User Information' section enter in your name (e.g., Joe Bloggs) in the 'Your Name:' field and your e-mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) in the 'E-mail address:' field
- Under the 'Sever Information' section, enter 'imap.ru.ac.za' in the 'Incoming mail server (IMAP):' field and enter in 'mail.ru.ac.za' in the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP):' field
- Under the 'Logon Information' section, enter your Rhodes username (e.g., g05z9999) in the 'User Name:' field and your Rhodes password in the 'Password:' field
- Click 'More Settings...' and the 'Internet E-mail Settings' window will be displayed
- Click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab
- Make sure that the tick box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' is selected
- Make sure that the radio button next to 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' is selected
- Select the 'Advanced' tab
- Under the 'Server Port Numbers' section
- Make sure that both tick boxes next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' are selected.
- Change the 'Incoming server (IMAP):' field to '993'
- Change the 'Outgoing server (SMTP):' field to '465'
- Click 'OK'
- Click 'Next >'
- Click 'Finish'
- The mail folder will appear on the left hand side of Outlook's window in the 'All Mail Folders' pane.
If you like, you can also configure Outlook to use Rhodes' address book -- see the separate instructions.
Last Modified :Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:24:01 SAST