Statistica 8 license borrowing:
The University has a license server that will issue you with a license when you start Statistica. At this point we're currently entitled to 255 concurrent copies of Statistica running at any one time. When your computer is on the network this will happen without you having to do anything.
Should you want to unplug your computer off the network (e.g. to do work in the field), you can now borrow licenses.
- With Statistica 8 open, click 'Help' --> 'About Statistica'.
- Now click the 'License Management' button.
- You will be shown a list of licenses that you can borrow. The 'Base' license is the program itself, the other licenses are the extra features.
- Start with 'Base' (click on the item) and this click 'Check Out'.
- Enter the number of days you will be off the network for and click 'OK'.
- Repeat the process for any additional features that you'll need. and click 'Done' to finish.
- When you close Statistica the licenses will be checked out. You'll now be able to use Statistica without having to be connected to the Rhodes network for the time that you checked out the licenses for.
Each time you start Statistica with checked out licenses, you will see a notice telling you how much time you have until you have to re-connect to check out the license again.
Last Modified :Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:44:50 SAST