Date Released: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:53 +0200
Part of One Week - One World
Friday 25 May 2012
To celebrate the day, please consider:
- Finding out more about Africa Day on www.africaday.info.
- Dressing in African traditional dress.
- Picking the African menu option in your dining hall.
- Starting a conversation at your dining hall table about a current issue in an African country.
- Greeting everyone you meet in a language that is spoken in Africa (Habari! Hujambo! Bonjour! Hello!).
- Entering the International Office photography competition for the best traditional African dress idea. Competition closes on Africa Day at midnight.
- Bringing a poem from or about Africa to read at Cafe D’Vine (formerly Reddits) in New Street, at 18h00.