Teaching & Learning Policies
At Rhodes, the management of quality in teaching and learning is guided by a series of policies:
- Curriculum Development and Review
- The Assessment of Student Learning
- The Evaluation of Teaching and Course Design
- External Examining
The Centre for Higher Education Research, Teaching and Learning provides support to staff who need to meet policy requirements. This support can take the form of one-on-one consultations or workshopping with entire departments offered as one-off events or over prolonged period of development.
The Centre also offers specialist services in the Evaluation of Teaching and Course Design. A web-based programme, the Evaluation Assistant, allows staff to custom build questionnaires intended to elicit feedback to students on teaching and course design. Data elicited using the Evaluation Assistant is analysed in the Centre and CHERTL staff members are able to provide guide and support individuals and departments as they respond to issues identified by students.
CHERTL staff also offer support in the elicitation of feedback from students using a range of other methods all of which are detailed in the Brief Guide to the Evaluation of Teaching and Course Design.
- RU Learning Guide 2014
- 2014 Brief Guide to Teaching Portfolio
- PG Dip (HE) Booklet 2014
- Outcomes-Based Assessment
- Evaluation of Teaching and Courses
- Using the Evaluation Assistant
- Responding to Students Writing
- Development of a Teaching Portfolio
- Teaching and Learning Policies
- Writing a Course Description
- Selection and Training of Tutors and Demonstrators
Last Modified :Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:37:56 SAST