- Head Cap
- Mouth Guard
Did you know?!...
- An official game consists of 2 x 30minutes halves with a 3-minute break in-between. Teams switch ends at half time.
- Each team can have a maximum of 6 players in the water, and 4 substitutes on deck.
- The goal is 3 meters in length!
- The puck must not be touched by a player’s hand, or lifted / carried on a player’s stick.
- Sticks must be held only by their handle.
Need a Break? ...Use A "SUB"
- Substitutes must be entirely out of the water (including fins), and must wait behind the starting line of their team.
- Before a sub can enter the water, the player being replaced must be entirely out the water (including their fins).
- Teams can sub while the game is underway (referred to as “subbing onthe- fly”), or at any natural break in the game (a goal / half time / etc.).
- Failure to sub correctly results in a 1- minute penalty for the sub, and for 1 player in the water.
What not to do:
Official Underwater Hockey Infringements:
Standing on the bottom;
More than 6 players in the water;
Handling or advancing the puck with anything other than the stick;
Lifting or carrying the puck balanced on the stick;
Stopping a goal being scored with anything other than the stick (ie: body);
Obstructing an opponent in anyway while not in possession of the puck;
Covering or obstructing the puck with a player’s body or equipment while not in possession of the puck;
Using hands / arms / body in any way to grasp, pull or push an opponent or their stick;
Removing any of opponent’s equipment;
Deliberately hurting an opponent;
FINALLY # 1 RULE = Behaving in an unsportsman like manner.
If you DO any of the above it will result in one of the following:
- A warning (for Minor offenses);
- Time out (Major offense);
- Equal Puck (Accidental offenses);
- Advantage Puck (Minor & Major);
- Penalty Shot (Offense close to goal);
- Player dismissed (serious offense).