Dr Kevin Ma
Postdoctoral Fellow: Marine Biology
BSc, University of British Columbia, Canada
MSc, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
PhD, Université Laval, Canada
From microhabitats to biogeographic regions: Resolving ecologically-determined versus stochastic patterns with respect to spatial scale
Supervisor: Prof Christopher McQuaid
Larval ecology of marine invertebrates
- Ma KCK, Glon HE, Hawk HL, Chapman CN. 2020. Reconstructing the distribution of the non-native sea anemone, Diadumene lineata (Actiniaria), in the Canadian Maritimes: Local extinction in New Brunswick and no regional range expansion in Nova Scotia since its initial detection. Regional Studies in Marine Science 34: 101049, https://doi.org/10.
- Carman MR, Colarusso PD, Neckles HA, Bologna P, Caines S, Davidson JDP, Evans NT, Fox SE, Grunden DW, Hoffman S, Ma KCK, Matheson K, McKenzie CH, Nelson EP, Plaisted H, Reddington E, Schott S, Wong MC. 2019. Biogeographical patterns of tunicates utilizing eelgrass as substrate in the western North Atlantic between 39º and 47º north latitude (New Jersey to Newfoundland). Management of Biological Invasions 10 (4): 602–616, https://doi.org/
- Ma KCK, Hawk HL, Goodwin C, Simard N. 2019. Morphological identification of two invading ascidians: new records of Ascidiella aspersa (Muller, 1776) from Nova Scotia and Diplosoma listerianum (Milne-Edwards, 1841) from New Brunswick and Quebec. BioInvasions Records 8 (1): 50–64, https://doi.org/10.
- Ma KCK, Goodwin C, Cooper JA. 2018. Second record of Diplosoma listerianum (Milne-Edwards, 1841) five years after and 280 kilometres from the site of the first record in Nova Scotia. BioInvasions Records 7 (2): 159–163, https://doi.org/10.
- Ma KCK, Deibel D, Lowen JB, McKenzie CH. 2017. Spatio-temporal dynamics of ascidian larval recruitment and colony abundance in a non-indigenous Newfoundland population. Marine Ecology Progress Series 585: 99–112, https://doi.org/10.
- Ma KCK, Deibel D, Law KKM, Aoki M, McKenzie CH, Palomares MLD. 2017. Richness and zoogeography of ascidians (Tunicata: Ascidiacea) in eastern Canada. Canadian Journal of Zoology 95 (1): 51–59, https://doi.org/10.
- Ma KCK, Simard N, Stewart-Clark SE, Bernier RY, Nadeau M, Willis J. 2016. Early detection of the non-indigenous colonial ascidian Diplosoma listerianum in eastern Canada and its implications for monitoring. Management of Biological Invasions 7 (4): 365–374, http://dx.doi.org/10.
- Moore AM, Vercaemer B, DiBacco C, Sephton D, Ma KCK. 2014. Invading Nova Scotia: first records of Didemnum vexillum Kott, 2002 and four more non-indigenous invertebrates in 2012 and 2013. BioInvasions Records 3 (4): 225–234, http://dx.doi.org/10.
Last Modified: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 09:24:01 SAST