VC's Distinguished Award for CE
The Vice Chancellor's Distinguished Award for Communnity Engagement
The Vice Chancellor's Distinguished Award is an award category that celebrates a member of the Rhodes community who has demonstrtated outstanding commitment towards manignful community engagement. The recipient of this award facilitiates a community engagement project that meets the definition of community engagement in the broader sense, meaning all scholarly applications of teaching, learning and research resources to meet the needs of the community/communities.
Criteria to be eligible for the VC's Award can be found here.
Past VC's Distinguished Award Recipients
- 2021 - Prof. Rod Walker, Faculty of Pharmacy, Pharmacists Partnering for the Pandemic
- 2020 - Ms. Mapula Maponya, Allan Gray Centre for Leadership Ethics
- 2019 - Dr Jono Davy, Mr Andrew Todd and Dr Ben Ryan, Department of Human Kinetics and Ergonomics
- 2018 - Prof. Tally Palmer, Institute for Water Research
- 2017 - Prof. Jacqueline Akhurst, Department of Psychology
- 2016 - Joint award - WRC Amanzi for Food Research Programme and Recreational Fisheries Research Group
- 2015 - Dr. Sharli Paphitis, Dr. Lindsay Kelland, Prof. Catriona Macleod, Mr. Ryan Du Toit, Siyahluma Project
- 2014 - Jongaphambili Sinethemba Project Group
- 2013 - Biological Control Research Group
Last Modified: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 12:04:39 SAST