Ryan du Toit
BSSC Hons. (UKZN); MSSC Research psychology (UKZN)
Registered as an Intern Research Psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
Editorial Assistant for Feminism and Psychology: An International Journal
Conduct postgraduate quantitative research seminars
Facilitator for the gender and sex project.
- Pre-termination of Pregnancy
- Discursive Psychology
- Conversation Analysis
- Pornography within the South African context
- Media representation of sexuality
- The psychology of the internet
Ryan is currently registered with Rhodes University as a PhD student. His thesis seeks to explore how Pre-termination of pregnancy counselling is conducted in the South African context and more specifically in the Eastern Cape.
Current Research Projects:
- My cups project: Exploring menstruation related challenges for school-going girls
- The childfree project: The aim of the study is to conduct a systematic analysis of available literature pertaining to the phenomenon of being childfree, making use of thematic analysis informed by a feminist poststructuralist theory.
- Pornography and young men’s sexual socialisation: a ‘pleasure maintain/hold’ discourse
Last Modified :Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:17:04 SAST