Duration, Credits and supervision
Focus upon children and Families
|Level 4 FET Certificate in ECD (ETDP SETA)||1 year part time while working throughout as an ECD Practitioner under CSD supervision (120 credits)||Focusing on young children from conception to the age of five (Reception year)|
|Level 5 National Diploma in ECD||18 months part time while working throughout as an ECD Practitioner under CSD supervision (240 credits)||Focusing on young children from conception to the age of five (Reception year)|
Which accredited short courses?
HIV and AIDS (244259) 8 Credits
- Describe the transmission, progression and effects of HIV and AIDS on children, adults, families and communities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of precautions to reduce the risk and spread of infection in adults and children.
- Provide care for children infected with or affected by HIV and AIDS in various Early Childhood Development settings.
Special Needs (13643) 6 Credits
- Demonstrate how learning programmes can enhance participation of learners with special needs
- Respond appropriately to learners with special needs
Observe and Report on Child Development (244475) 6Credits
- Observe babies, toddlers and young children.
- Record observations.
- Give feedback on observations.
Manage an ECD Programme Services (244478) 5 Credits
- Manage the Early Childhood Development (ECD) service.
- Manage the organisational systems and structures.
- Supervise staff and support their development.
- Manage material and financial resources.
- Maintain administrative systems.
The CSD courses have credits that are related to the South African Qualifications Framework.
ECD Course Coordinator's Contact Details:
ECD: Ruth Nombewu
Last Modified: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 17:12:51 SAST