Vision and Mission
Our Vision Statement:
The vision of the Rhodes University Residential System is to provide an attractive, comfortable, high-quality living environment that meets international standards and is committed to fostering the academic success and personal growth of tomorrow’s leaders.
Our Mission Statement:
In support of the vision, mission, values and objectives of Rhodes University and the Dean of Students Division, the Residential System intends:-
to provide a caring, nurturing environment
- which fosters academic success and personal growth
- free from discrimination, intimidation or harassment
- which is clean, safe and secure
- in which there is respect for and safety of personal property
- in which the rules are fair and just, and sufficient to maintain an orderly environment conducive to learning, research and community life.
and to be a community
- which embraces diversity
- which recognises the unique value of each of its members
- whose members are proud of their residence, Hall and University
- whose members share the responsibility for supporting the vision and mission statement of the residential system
- whose members receive due support and recognition for their contributions
staffed by Wardens who are
- dedicated, and committed to their own integrated involvement in their residence, Hall, and the University
- committed to establishing an atmosphere that is conducive to academic study and personal growth
- provided with appropriate skills and developmental training
- supported by responsive, empathetic, efficient and effective management and administrative structure.
Last Modified: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 10:46:25 SAST