Unpaid Leave

Staff may request an extended period of absence from the University for personal reasons.

This will require that the staff member takes unpaid leave.  Arrangements can be made for the person to continue paying medical aid and pension contributions. The staff member will be liable for their own contribution as well as that of the University (employer).  If the staff member wishes to explore the implications of this, they should contact their HR Generalist.

Where the staff member wishes to absent themselves for a period of 6 months or longer, application should be made in terms of the process outlined in the Protocol for the Approval of Staff Requesting a Temporary Change to Current Conditions of Service: Protocol of Staff altering Current Employment Relationship

Last Modified: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 15:12:36 SAST