Rhodes > Latest News > 2013
Rhodes University ClosureDate Released: Wed, 19 December 2012 12:00 +0200
Please note that the University will close from 16h00 on 19 December 2012 and will re-open at 08h00 on 3 January 2013.
If you need assistance with regards to results and exclusions please note the following:
- If your results are withheld due to non-payment of fees, but you have paid your account, please fax a copy of the deposit slip to the Student Fees Office (fax number 046 6037019). The Student Fees Office will be clearing payments until 16h00 on 19th of December 2012. Once you have faxed through the deposit please allow 48 hours and then you will be able to check your results through the telephone system or check on ROSS. If you pay your fees after the 19th your results will only be available on 3 January 2013.
- If your results are withheld due to outstanding matriculation exemption please email a copy of your National Senior Certificate to email@example.com. If you did foreign qualifications (e.g. A levels, O levels or IB) please contact the Student Bureau on 3 January to submit an exemption application. Your results will only be released on receipt of the appropriate documentation.
- If you have been excluded and you would like to appeal the exclusion you need to do so on the relevant appeal form. The form is available on the website at http://www.ru.ac.za/registrar/forms/ . Complete the form electronically, and email it to Registrar@ru.ac.za. These appeals may take 7 - 10 days before you receive a response as they have to go to the Dean for consideration.
- The supplementary examination time-table, which includes Aegrotat examinations, can be found on the website at http://www.scifac.ru.ac.za/examtime.htm
- The Statistics and Theory of Finance Summer School information can be found on the website at www.ru.ac.za/statistics/summerschool
- If you need accommodation for supplementary exams or summer school please contact Residence Operations Division on telephone number (046)6038703 after 3 January 2013. The booking forms can be found on the website at www.ru.ac.za/residentialoperations/residenceadmin . The forms should be submitted to the Residence Operations Division by fax to (046)6038962
Dr Stephen Fourie