The Student Counselling Centre (top floor of the Bantu Stephen Biko Building) provides a professional, free service to all Rhodes University students experiencing psychological problems . The Counselling Centre operates from a holistic wellness model and supports students in terms of their physical, academic, social emotional and spiritual functioning . The psychologists will take your concerns seriously and will maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
The following services are offered:
• Confidential individual counselling
• Relationship counselling
• Group therapy for students with similar interests and goals
• An after-hour line for psychological emergencies: 010 205 3068 . During office hours, students experiencing a psychological emergency will be assisted immediately by the psychologist on call
• Study skills workshops on issues pertinent to students such as time management, stress management and exam preparation
• Self-help material and information pamphlets covering various topics
• Provision of referral information . If we are unable to help you, we can tell you about other services that may also be able to help .
Please make an appointment at the Counselling Centre by phoning (046) 603 7070 or emailing counsellingcentre@ru .ac .za We are open Monday to Friday 08h00–16h30 (and during lunch time).
Last Modified: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:11:19 SAST