Mr Duane Booysen
Lecturer in Psychology
Telephone: +27(46) 603 8507
MA (Clinical Psych. & Comm. Counsel.) (SU); MA (Psychology) (NMMU); B. Psych. (Counsel.) (NMMU)
Registered with the Professional Board for Psychology (HPCSA) in the category Clinical Psychology
- Mental illness / Psychopathology
- Cognitive Therapies (Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD)
- Cognitive Screening Assessments
- Individual & Group Psychotherapies
- Evaluating and adapting evidence-based trauma therapies for PTSD in South Africa
- Single-case experimental designs
- Public mental health
- Clinical Psychology as a profession in South Africa
Current Research Projects
- Implementing a Brief Trauma Treatment Programme for Survivors of Trauma: A Pilot Study (Doctoral research project)
- Exploring the experiences of trauma counsellors working in violent contexts in South Africa
Publications (Peer Reviewed)
- Booysen, D. D., & Naidoo, A. V. (2016). On becoming a Clinical psychologist: The experiences of initially unsuccessful applicants. New Voices in Psychology, 12(1), 23–39.
- Booysen, D. D. (2014). Klapmuts community report. An unpublished community report, Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch.
- Booysen, D. D. (2012). A psychobiography of Friedrich Nietzsche. An unpublished master’s dissertation. Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth.
- A brief trauma treatment programme for survivors of trauma and torture: A pilot study Symposium Presentation at the 1st Pan-African Psychology Congress held in Durban, South Africa, 18 - 20 September 2017
- Psychobiographical research. Paper presented at the South African Association of Counselling and Development in Higher Education (SAACHE) held in Cape Town, South Africa, 7 September 2015
Last Modified: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 08:32:18 SAST