- Use the Rhodes On-Line Service (ROSS) on the website https://:ross. ru.ac.za/ to confirm that your MIP has been cleared by 16 January. If you do not have access to the internet you may telephone the Student Bureau (046-603 8276) but if you do so, note carefully that you must obtain a confirmation number from the person who assists you.
- Check and double check that your student number is on the deposit slip if you deposit money into our bank account. (Every year we receive payments which cannot be linked to a student.)
- If you have been awarded a bursary by an external sponsor (eg Botswana Government) please ensure that the University has received written details of the bursary before 16 January 2015.
- Please note that you need CONFIRMATION from Rhodes of your MIP clearance i.e. that payment has been received or your debit order approved or your bursary accepted. If you call the Student Bureau or the Student Fees Office you will be given a confirmation number as proof of clearance. A printout from your account page on ROSS which shows MIP clearance can also be used as confirmation. It is not enough to send us a fax or phone “someone” - you must obtain a telephonic confirmation number, confirmation email or a ROSS printout.
- Talk to us if you have a problem, but do so before 16 January 2015.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this has been done!!
Last Modified: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:29:48 SAST