Health and Safety Committee Meeting Dates
Click here for info on duties of health & safety committees.
Members of the Main Committee - will meet as follows:
- Monday 18 March at 11h00
- Wednesday 22 May at 11h00
- Monday 12 August at 11h00
- Monday 21 October at 11h00
To accommodate the diversity of working environments on campus, there are six (6) different sub-committees which report into the main Rhodes University Health & Safety Committee:
1. Housekeeping group - Venue: Oppi Reading Room, Steve Biko/Union building
(for H&S reps in Housekeeping, Central Cleaning Services - see Membership)
- TERM 1: Wednesday 11 March at 09h30
- TERM 2: Wednesday 13 May at 09h30
- TERM 3: Wednesday 22 July at 09h30
- TERM 4: Wednesday 7 October at 09h30
2. Food Services group - Venue: Nelson Mandela Kitchen/Drostdy / Founders / Jan Smuts
(for H&S reps in Food Services, kitchens, catering stores - see Membership)
- TERM 1: Wednesday 11 March at 10h30 - Nelson Mandela Kitchen
- TERM 2: Wednesday 13 May at 10h30 - Drostdy
- TERM 3: Wednesday 22 July at 10h30 - Founders
- TERM 4: Wednesday 7 October at 10h30 - Jan Smuts
3. Maintenance group - Venue: Oppi Reading Room, Steve Biko/Union building
(for H&S reps in grounds, maintenance, workshop workplaces - see Membership)
- TERM 1: Wednesday 13 March at 12h00
- TERM 2: Wednesday 15 May at 12h00
- TERM 3: Wednesday 24 July at 12h00
- TERM 4: Wednesday 9 October at 12h00
4. Office group - Venue: Seminar Room 3, Eden Grove
(for H&S reps in office workplaces - see Membership)
- TERM 1: Thursday 12 March at 12h00
- TERM 2: Thursday 14 May at 12h00
- TERM 3: Thursday 22 July at 12h00
- TERM 4: Thursday 7 October at 12h00
5. Laboratory group - Venue: Geology meeting room (first floor)
(for H&S reps in science/laboratory workplaces, chemical stores, health care/pharmacy, etc - see Membership)
- TERM 1: Thursday 12 March at 14h15
- TERM 2: Thursday 14 May at 14h15 t.b.c.
- TERM 3: Thursday 22 July at 14h15 t.b.c.
- TERM 4: Thursday 8 October at 14h15 t.b.c.
6. Wardens group - Venue: Bantu Steven Biko Building
(Student Affairs Hall Warden's Committee)
Meet at least every three (3) months;
Discuss section 24 incidents/accidents - where someone was killed, injured, or became ill;
Make recommendations to the employer regarding health and safety matters;
Keep a record of all recommendations (in the minutes) for at least 3 years.
Go to the Rhodes University Safety front page. Questions/Suggestions? Contact safety(at)ru.ac.za
Searching for additional info? Use the Search function at the top of the page.
Ms Vuyo Baneti. Her e-mail address is email@example.com and her contact number is (046)6038149
Last Modified: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:16:04 SAST