- Praeg, L. and Magadla, S. (2014). Ubuntu: Curating the archive. Pietermaritzburg: University of KwaZulu-Natal Press.
- Magadla, S and Chitando, E. (2014). “The self become god: Ubuntu and the ‘scandal of manhood”. In Ubuntu: Curating the archive. Pietermaritzburg: University of KwaZulu-Natal Press
- Godwyll, F and Magadla, S. (2012). “Educating Postconflict Societies: Lessons from Rwanda and Liberia” in African Childhoods Education, Development, Peacebuilding, and the Youngest Continent”, edited by Marisa O. Ensor. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- “The personal is the international: for black girls who've considered politics when being strong isn't enough". Politikon, December 2013, Volume 40, Number 3.
- "The Super-diplomat: Thabo Mbeki's African Renaissance and South Africa FIFA World Cup 2010". Impumelelo: The Interdisciplinary Electronic Journal of African Sports. Volume 7, Fall, 2011
- “Reflections on the African World Cup: ‘make the circle bigger’” Published by the Impumelelo: The Interdisciplinary Electronic Journal of African Sports Vol 6, Fall, 2010.
- “Community of insecurity: SADC's struggle for peace and security in Southern Africa.” Journal of Contemporary African Studies, 2014. DOI: 10.1080/02589001.2014.936174
- “A Renegade called Simphiwe—The Wounded Hero”. Journal of Asian and African Studies (Upcoming)
- “Global governance and the new wars: the merging of development and security.” (Upcoming Politikon)
Workshop reports and baseline study reports
- “Workshop report gender, peace and security in Southern Africa” Compiled by Cheryl Hendricks and Siphokazi Magadla 22-23 November 2010, Irene County Lodge, Pretoria, South Africa. http://www.issafrica.org/pgcontent.php?UID=30824
- “Baseline study on women's participation in peace building and conflict resolution in Southern Africa.” Compiled by Cheryl Hendricks, Sandra Oder, Siphokazi Magadla and Nanzelelo Mhlanga for the "SADC Gender Protocol 2010 Barometer". Edited by Colleen Lowe Morna and Loveness Jambaya Nyakujarah. Published by Gender Links: Johannesburg. Chapter8: http://www.genderlinks.org.za/article/sadc-gender-protocol-2010-barometer-2010-08-10
- “Workshop report on climate change and human security in Africa”- compiled with Dr Cheryl Hendricks. Published by the Institute for Security Studies, 2008.
Last Modified: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:55:09 SAST