- Follow the instructions to setup Internet Explorer (This needs to be functional before Windows Live Messenger will work)
- Open Windows Live Messenger
- Click on the Tools menu and select Options...'
- Click on the Connection tab (left hand side)
- Click on the Advanced Settings button
- Just below where it says ''Please set HTTP proxy server and port using Internet Explorer, enter your Rhodes username and password in the spaces provided.
- Click OK to close Settings, and OK again to close Options
- Restart your PC, Windows Live Messenger often does have issues connecting and you will get an error message. Give it time.
[For Vista Users]
For Windows Vista users, please follow these additional steps
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "Advanced" tab near the top of the screen
- Under "Security" make sure the box labled "Check for server certification revocation" is UNCHECKED.
- Press OK.
- You should now be able to log into Windows Live Messenger on Vista.
Last Modified: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:03:27 SAST