Google toolbar has the unfortunate habit of trying to access the internet multiple times without authenticating itself thus possibly forcing Rhodes to disconnect you from the internet. It is important then to follow this short guide to ensure that your google toolbar won't cause you hassles.
- If you have already installed google toolbar then you must uninstall it by going start->control panel->add remove programs -> google toolbar -> remove.
- Then you follow the procedure of instlalling google toolbar from the google website. It will ask you to restart firefox. When it restarts it will bring up a box as below.
- Ensure that you make everything look exactly like it is above
- If you quit this by accident or don't ensure that it looks exactly like it is above when you finish then you will need to uninstall it and reinstall it again.
- The main points are to
(1) Ensure your search site is south africa
(2) Untick allow downloads from google
(3) Select Disable Page rank
(4) Untick Help us improve Firefox and ...
- The tick box "Use google as my default search engine in firefox" can be ticked or unticked at your discression.
- Then click Finish and enjoy your google toolbar!
Last Modified: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 15:11:50 SAST