- Open Opera (by double-clicking on the Opera icon)
- From the Tools menu, select Preferences
- Click on the Advanced tab on the top right-hand corner
- Click on Network in the list on the left-hand side, then click the Proxy Servers... button.
- Click on OK to close the Proxy Servers window, and OK to close the Preferences window.
Alternative Configuration for Opera
If Opera is causing a high number of unauthenticated requests, use the following configuration. This should be a last resort.
- In the Proxy Servers dialog, untick Use automatic proxy configuration.
- At the top, tick HTTP, HTTPS and FTP and type wwwproxy.ru.ac.za into the textboxes next to HTTP,HTTPS and FTP.
- Enter 3128 into each of the Port fields.
- Tick Do not use proxy on the addresses below
- In the big field below this option, enter the following with each address on a new line:
(The proxy.pac file contains other addresses. Whilst you can include these, be aware that they change from time to time. The only ones you have to include are those above)
Last Modified: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:09:47 SAST